Water jet advantages-
· No thermal changes in material
· Cost effective compared to laser cutting for thicker materials.
· Cost effective compared to conventional machining for very hard and very brittle materials.
· No tooling expense for short runs of materials commonly cut with dies (foams etc.)
· Widest range of material types of any cutting method
Machine- Our current water jet is a 2-axis Omax 2652 with a 40KSI pump.
Materials-Type- Almost any sheet-like material can be cut. The only limitations we have found are water soluble materials (obviously) and some laminated materials can de-laminate slightly.